Did you know that our thrift stores cover 100% of our overhead? This means that 100% of your donation will directly benefit Upper Valley residents.
LISTEN does not rely on state or federal funding. It is our connected community — the generosity of the Upper Valley, donating groceries, goods, time and money — that ensures we have the resources to respond when our neighbors are in need.
LISTEN Thrift Stores accept donations at all four locations:
To schedule a furniture donation pick-up, call 802-280-4133.
We respectfully refuse tires or e-waste (CRT TVs, printers, older computers, etc). These items cost us money to throw out and this takes away from our programs. Thank you!
Donations are tax deductible and receipts are available at time of drop off. LISTEN cannot place a specific value on your gift. Revenues from donated items support LISTEN’s community services and programs. LISTEN is a registered 501(C)(3).
A letter from our Thrift Stores regarding donations: “Many of you have been asking what we are most in need of for donations. Below are suggestions we hope you find helpful.
1. Clothing for men, women and children in good, reusable condition. Clothing appropriate for the current season is always appreciated, but certainly not a requirement.
2. Right now we are in need of outerwear for all as well as sweaters, flannels, etc.
3. Housewares. e.g., dishes, pots & pans, towels, sheets & blankets in good condition. Knickknacks are appreciated too!
4. Gently used gifts & toys that we could use during our special sales.
5. Books except for library discards, encyclopedias or ones in very poor condition.
6. Jewelry is ALWAYS appreciated.
A warm thank you to all who support our stores and services.”
A Grocery List for LISTEN
Next time you are in the grocery store, pick up an item or two for LISTEN. Upper Valley residents depend on LISTEN’s food pantry to supplement their monthly budgets, allowing them to pay increasing fuel and housing costs.
Staple items such as canned and dry goods are always welcomed. Personal care items such as shampoo, toothpaste, laundry detergent, and diapers are very expensive and not accessible through the food stamp program.
To donate to LISTEN’s food pantry, drop by any LISTEN location during business hours, 7-days a week. To organize a food drive or to donate larger quantities, contact us for details.